- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA OF THIS POLICY
You can be covered under this Policy if on the Start Date:
- You are permanently resident in the United Kingdom for at least 6 months; and
- You own Your own home either outright or with the assistance of a Residential Mortgage.
- You are aged 18 or over at the Start Date and will not have passed the state pension age before the Termination Date of cover;and
- You are actively Working on the Start Date and when Your claim occurs, for no less than 16 hours each week; and
- You have been continuously Employed for at least 6 months immediately prior to the Start Date of this Policy; and
- Your place of Work is within the United Kingdom; and
- You agree to abide by the terms and conditions of this Policy.
You cannot be covered under this Policy if on the Start Date:
- You are aware of any impending Sickness;
- You are aware of any impending Unemployment which may affect You;
- You are aware of any circumstances which may result in You becoming a full time Carer;
- You are in casual, temporary or seasonal Employment
- THE TYPES OF COVER THIS POLICY CAN PROVIDE
You can choose between the following types of cover:
Accident, Sickness & Unemployment cover; or Accident & Sickness only cover or;Unemployment only cover.
The type of cover You have selected is stated on Your Certificate of Insurance under the ‘Important Notice’ heading.
If You select Accident & Sickness only cover You will not be able to claim for Unemployment. If You select Unemployment only cover You will not be able to claim for Accident & Sickness.
- WHAT THE WORDS MEAN
Some of the words and phrases We use in these Policy terms and conditions have special meanings and these are shown below in bold type with their meanings alongside them. Except where the context otherwise requires, the masculine shall include the feminine, the singular shall include the plural and vice versa as appropriate.
|Accident & Sickness
||Means You have a medical Condition certified by a Doctor or Consultant as preventing You from doing Your normal Work or any similar Work which You are reasonably able to do given Your experience, education and/or training and You are not doing any other Work for payment or reward.
||Means Trent-Services (Administration) Limited, Trent House, Love Lane, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 1XD, e-mail: email@example.com, telephone: *0345 408 0952. Trent-Services (Administration) are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, FCA No. 315285.
||Means the form that You complete for cover under this Policy.
||Means the maximum number of Monthly Benefit payments that would be payable for any one Claim Period, as stated on Your Certificate of Insurance.
||Means a company, trade, industry or profession which is registered in the United Kingdom.
||Means You are entirely without Work solely due to the need to care for a Partner or Relative and You are registered with Your local Social Services Department as a Carer and are in receipt of Carer’s allowance.
|Ceased to Trade
||Means the Business has permanently stopped trading due to circumstances entirely beyond Your control or the control of any director or partner in Your Business, and has been wound up or put into the hands of a registered insolvency practitioner or, if the Business is a partnership that the partnership has been permanently dissolved.
|Certificate of Insurance
||Means the document You receive from Us that details the cover You have selected under this Policy.
||Means any Condition that continues indefinitely, or cannot be cured or eradicated and that may recur or requires ongoing treatment.
||Means any separate period of time during which You are Unemployed or unable to Work due to an Accident or Sickness and receiving Monthly Benefit under this Policy.
||Means the Royal College of Surgeons, the Royal College of Physicians or any other Royal College of
medical practitioners based in the United Kingdom.
||Means any accident, sickness, injury, illness or disease including any related sickness, injury, illness or disease or associated symptoms.
||Means a medical specialist who is a member of a College and recognised by that College to be a Consultant. This does not include You or any members of Your Family or Relatives.
||Means You are Employed on a Fixed Term Contract of at least 13 consecutive weeks and You have not
been in continuous Employment with the same employer for more than 2 years.
||Means You directly or indirectly own 10% or more of the issued share capital of the Business You Work
||Means a medical practitioner practising in the United Kingdom being a fully registered person under the Medical Act 1983 and registered with the General Medical Council other than You, Your Partner or any of Your Family or Relatives.
||Means You meet the eligibility criteria of the Policy as detailed above in section 1.
|Employed / Employment
|| Means You are in Employment and Your employer is deducting P.A.Y.E. tax and National Insurance contributions from Your gross salary and Your Employment has no fixed or pre-defined finishing date other than the normal retirement age for Your occupation.
||Means the period of time at the point of a claim during which there is no Monthly Benefit payable to You,
as stated on Your Certificate of Insurance.
||Means Your Partner or a Relative of You or Your Partner.
|Fixed Term Contract
||Means a contract to provide services to a Business in the United Kingdom for a fixed period of time of at least 13 consecutive weeks in duration.
||Means a government controlled Hospital, a National Health Service Hospital or a private Hospital but will
not apply to any long term nursing homes or geriatric unit or any such facilities.
|Initial Exclusion Period
||Means the 90 days immediately following the Policy Start Date when You cannot claim for
||Means the amount of cover You have selected under this Policy as stated on Your Certificate of Insurance. This is the maximum monthly amount payable in the event of a claim.
||Means the loan You have taken out in Your name or in joint names with another person or persons with a Lender which is secured on the property that is Your main private residence.
||Means the normal monthly payment You make to the Lender for Your Mortgage.
- Employed – the average monthly income You have received from Your employer in the twelve months immediately prior to Your claim.
- Self Employed – the monthly gross average of the annual income You declared to the Inland Revenue on Your self-assessment tax return for the previous tax year (the tax year immediately prior to the tax year in which the claim occurs). Please note: this is not the turnover of your business as this is not Your personal income although regular dividends can be included.
||Means symptoms which normally accompany pregnancy which are of a minor and/or temporary nature
and which do not represent a medical hazard to You or Your baby; and childbirth, including delivery by
caesarean section or any other medically or surgically assisted delivery which does not cause medical
||Means the person, of either sex, that You live with as if married.
|Payment in Lieu of Notice
|| Means any payment You are entitled to receive from Your previous Employer or The Government Fund, in the event that Your former Employer is in administration, that relates to the period of notice You should have served under Your contract of Employment; or any part of a payment of compensation for loss of position (including any part of a payment agreed under a compromise agreement) in respect of the notice period You should have served under Your contract of Employment.
|Period of Cover
||Means the person, of either sex, that You live with as if married.
||Means You are Employed on a permanent basis and Your Employment has no fixed or pre-defined finishing date other than the normal retirement age for Your occupation.
||Means the insurance provided under these terms and conditions.
||Means any medical Condition for which You have suffered from symptoms, received treatment,medication or advice (including regular or routine examinations or consultations to monitor the Condition) from a Doctor or Consultant in the 12 month period immediately prior to the certificate Start Date.
||Means the monthly sum set out on Your Certificate of Insurance payable by You for Your cover under
||Means You own, alone or with others, the Business You Work for.
||Means a parent, brother or sister or child (whether adopted or not)
||Means mortgage agreement for Your home agreed between You and Your lender and in which you currently reside.
||Means seasonal or casual work, or work lasting or intending to last for a limited time.
|Self Employed or Self Employment
||Means You are in Business alone or in association with others, classed as Schedule D for income tax
purposes and paying Class 2 National Insurance contributions and are not classified as being Employed. You will be deemed to be Self Employed if You fall into one of the following categories:
- You are a Proprietor or a Controlling Director;
- You are a Relative of either a Proprietor or a Controlling Director who Works in or
owns the Business You Work for.
||Means the date insurance cover commences as stated on Your Certificate of Insurance.
||Means the diagnosis of a disease process which in the opinion of a specialist Hospital Consultant and with the agreement of Our chief medical officer is likely to lead to Your death within 12 months.
||Means the end of Your insurance cover under this Policy (as defined in section 18).
||Means You are entirely without Work directly due to circumstances entirely beyond Your control (which includes the managing or assisting of any part of the day to day duties of operating a Business) and You are not in receipt of any payment from Your former Employment including Payment in lieu of Notice, and You must be:
- Receiving Income Support or Job Seekers Allowance, or You do not qualify for these benefits
because You have been entitled to make reduced National Insurance contributions in the past
- Registered as available for and actively seeking Work at a Job Centre Plus or any equivalent
benefit office in the United Kingdom;
- If You are Self Employed You must comply with (a) and (b) above, and have permanently
Ceased to Trade due to circumstances entirely beyond Your control and if You are a
Controlling Director Your company has been wound up by a creditor who is not a director of
||Means Great Britain, Northern Ireland and the Isle of Man.
||Means the number of days You must be unable to Work due to an Accident or Sickness or Unemployed before You receive any Monthly Benefit. The waiting period You have selected is stated on Your Certificate of Insurance.
|We or Us or Our
||Means Insurance A/S, Harbour House, Sundkrogsgade 21, DK-2100 Copenhagen, Denmark.
|Working or Work
|| Means gainful Contract Employment, Employment or Self Employment for sixteen hours or more each week. You must also be paying the appropriate National Insurance contributions in the United Kingdom.
|You or Your or YourSelf
||Means the person or persons named on Your Certificate of Insurance.
- THE LEVEL OF COVER THIS POLICY PROVIDES
The maximum Monthly Benefit allowable under this Policy is £2,000 or 65% of Your Normal Income, whichever is the lower.
The Monthly Benefit amount You have selected is detailed on Your Certificate of Insurance.
If You want to increase Your Monthly Benefit because Your Mortgage Payment or the amount You want to insure has altered You can do so by writing to the Administrator within 30 days of Your Lender notifying You of the amendment. You cannot increase Your Monthly Benefit during a Claim Period, Initial Exclusion Period or during a consultation period pending redundancy.
If You want to decrease Your Monthly Benefit You can do so by putting Your request in writing to the Administrator at any time.
- THE NUMBER OF PERSONS THAT CAN BE INSURED
You can only take out cover in Your sole name under this Policy. If You require joint cover and You are both Eligible for cover You must apply separately.
- DURATION OF THE POLICY
This is a monthly paid Policy and it is issued from the Start Date to the date the next Premium is due. The Policy will automatically be renewed for a further month on payment of each Premium as it falls due until the Termination Date.
It is Your responsibility to ensure Your level of cover complies with the maximum Monthly Benefit allowable under this Policy. You should review Your Monthly Benefit level on a regular basis, in line with Your Normal Income.
- PAYMENT OF PREMIUMS
Premiums are payable by direct debit, monthly in advance by You. If Your Premium remains unpaid for 30 days after the due date Your cover under this Policy will cease.
If You are in receipt of Monthly Benefits You must continue to pay Your monthly Premium as it falls due in order to ensure continuous cover under this Policy.
We can amend Your Premium by giving You 30 days notice in writing. If there are any changes to the current level of Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) or any new taxation levies are imposed then Your Premium will be amended from the date any such taxation changes are implemented.
- PAYMENT OF CLAIMS FOR ACCIDENT & SICKNESS
If You are Working and You suffer from an Accident or Sickness during the Period of Cover, Your first Monthly Benefit payment is subject to the following:
- Your Excess Period (as stated on Your Certificate of Insurance); and
- Your Waiting Period (as stated on Your Certificate of Insurance); or
- You are detained in Hospital under the sole request of a Doctor or Consultant for seven consecutive days.
Following the expiry of the above, We will continue to pay You one thirtieth of the Monthly Benefit for each day You remain continuously unable to Work due to an Accident or Sickness, monthly in arrears. The first day of Your Accident & Sickness will be considered to be the date on which a Doctor or Consultant certifies that You are unable to Work.
We will continue to pay You Monthly Benefit until the Termination Date or the earliest of the following:
- The last consecutive day of Your Accident & Sickness;
- The date You stop providing due proof that You remain unable to Work due to an Accident or Sickness; or
- We have made the maximum number of Monthly Benefit payments allowed in the Benefit Period.
- ACCIDENT & SICKNESS EXCLUSIONS
No Monthly Benefit will be payable to You if:
- You deliberately injure YourSelf or Your Accident or Sickness is due to alcohol, solvent abuse or drugs (other than drugs taken under the direction of a Doctor or Consultant and not for the treatment of drug addiction); or
- Your Accident or Sickness arises from stress, anxiety, depression or any mental or nervous disorder unless You are referred to a Consultant Psychiatrist by Your Doctor and, provided that the Condition solely prevents You from Working, Your claim will be considered from the date of diagnosis by the Consultant Psychiatrist until You are released from their care; or
- Your Accident or Sickness results from any Condition which came about as a result of a Pre-Existing Condition or Chronic Condition (but this exclusion will not apply to a Pre-Existing Condition if You have been free from its symptoms, and have not consulted any Doctor nor received any treatment for or in connection with it, for a two year period prior to Your claim); or
- Your Accident or Sickness is due to Normal pregnancy other than a medical complication which directly occurs as a result of Your pregnancy or a pregnancy related Condition; or
- Your Accident or Sickness is due to a back related Condition unless there is radiological evidence of medical abnormality, visible wound, contusion, or You are referred to a Consultant by Your Doctor and, provided that the condition solely prevents You from Working, Your claim will be considered from the date of diagnosis by the Consultant until You are released from their care; or
- Your Accident or Sickness arises from medical operations or treatments which are not medically necessary, including cosmetic or beauty treatments; or
- Your were aware of Your impending Sickness on or prior to the Start Date of Your Certificate of Insurance; or
- Your Accident or Sickness is due to any of the Unemployment exclusions.
- PAYMENT OF CLAIMS FOR UNEMPLOYMENT
If You are Working and You become Unemployed during the Period of Cover, Your first Monthly Benefit payment is subject to the following:
- Your Excess Period (as stated on Your Certificate of Insurance); and
- Your Waiting Period (as stated on Your Certificate of Insurance).
Following the expiry of the above, We will continue to pay You one thirtieth of the Monthly Benefit for each day You remain continuously Unemployed, monthly in arrears.
The first day of Your Unemployment will be considered to be the date on which You are registered as available for and actively seeking Work at a Job Centre Plus or any equivalent benefits office in the United Kingdom and are receiving either Income Support or Job Seekers Allowance unless You do not qualify for these benefits, for example, because You have been entitled to make reduced National Insurance contributions in the past, or any other legitimate reason as confirmed by the benefits office.
If You become Unemployed and entirely without Work for 60 consecutive days solely due to the need to care for a Partner or Relative and You are registered with Your local Social Services Department as a Carer and are in receipt of carer’s allowance We will make a maximum of two Monthly Benefit payments to You per claim period.
We will continue to pay You Monthly Benefit until the Termination Date or the earliest of the following:
- The last consecutive day of Your Unemployment; or
- The date You stop providing due proof that You remain continuously Unemployed; or
- We have made the maximum number of Monthly Benefit payments allowed in the Benefit Period.?
Unemployment cover under this Policy will vary in accordance with Your Employment status as detailed below:
- Employment - You will be insured if You are made Unemployed.
- Contract Employment:
- if You have been Employed on a renewable Fixed Term Contract of at least 13 consecutive weeks with the same employer for more than 2 consecutive years or on an annual contract which has been renewed then You will be insured if You are made Unemployed.
- if You have been Employed on a renewable Fixed Term Contract of at least 13 consecutive weeks with the same employer but for less than 2 years then You will be insured if You are made Unemployed during the term of Your contract. You will not be insured against the non-renewal of Your contract and any entitlement to Monthly Benefit under this Policy will automatically cease on the date Your contract was originally intended to terminate.
- Self Employment - You will be insured if You have permanently Ceased to Trade due to circumstances entirely beyond Your control and if You are a Controlling Director Your company has been wound up by a creditor who is not a director of Your Business and have:
- filed closing accounts with the Inland Revenue if You operate alone; or
- had Your company put in the hands of an insolvency practitioner following the actions of a third party outside Your Business; or
- had Your partnership dissolved and final accounts filed with the Inland Revenue following the actions of a third party outside Your Business.
- UNEMPLOYMENT EXCLUSIONS
No Monthly Benefit will be payable to You if:
- You have not been Working for at least 6 consecutive months prior to the Policy Start Date;
- You were aware of the possibility of impending Unemployment (or in Our reasonable opinion You should have been aware) at the Policy Start Date, not withstanding that no specific reference has been made to Your personal situation and that Your Unemployment may not take place until after the Initial Exclusion Period;
- You are notified of or made aware by any means, within the Initial Exclusion Period, of anything which might lead to Your Unemployment not withstanding that no specific reference has been made to Your personal situation and that Your Unemployment may not take place until after the Initial Exclusion Period. However, if Your Policy Start Date corresponds with the Start Date of a brand new Mortgage (not a re-mortgage or second charge loan) or if You transfer cover from another insurer on a like for like basis We will waive the Initial Exclusion Period, provided that Your previous insurance was in force for at least 6 months and You never made a claim under that policy;
- Your Work is casual, seasonal or of a temporary nature;
- You accept voluntary redundancy, resign or retire;
- You failed to pass a trial or probationary period;
- Your Unemployment ends as a result of the expiry of an apprenticeship or training contract;
- Your Unemployment arises as a result of Your own act wilful misconduct, negligence, dishonesty or fraud;
- Your Unemployment occurs while You are Working outside the United Kingdom for a period intended by You to be more than 90 days - this clause will not apply if Your reason for leaving the United Kingdom is because You:-
- Work for the British Armed Forces or;
- Work as a Civil Servant in a British Embassy or Consulate.
- You are made Unemployed from a Business where You can control the affairs of the Business You Work for because You or a relative or a member of Your household individually or jointly have a Controlling Interest in that Business.
- You are made Unemployed as a result of participating in any industrial action
- You refuse any offer of reasonable alternative employment by Your employer, which based on Your qualifications, previous experience and the location of such employment it would have been reasonable for You to accept.
Benefit will not be paid for Unemployment if You are receiving Accident or Sickness benefit under this Policy. If, during a Claim Period in respect of Unemployment You are not able to actively seek Work solely because of an Accident or Sickness, We may continue to pay Accident and Sickness benefit to You (if selected) but as part of one Benefit Period and therefore on terms that the sums We have already paid to You will count towards the maximum Benefit Period as shown in Your Schedule.
- SUSPENDING AN UNEMPLOYMENT CLAIM FOR TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT
If You make a claim for Unemployment under this Policy and You are offered Temporary Employment You can suspend Your claim provided that:
- You tell Us who will be employing You (even if You will be Self Employed), how many hours You will be employed for and the duration of Your Temporary Employment; and
- Your Temporary Employment lasts for at least one week and no longer than six months and You do not have more than three separate jobs during any one Claim Period; and
- You continue to comply with the terms and conditions of this Policy and tell Us immediately if any of the above circumstances should change.
Provided You are Eligible to continue Your claim for Unemployment when the Temporary Employment ends, We will recommence Your Monthly Benefit subject to a maximum combined total of twelve Monthly Benefit payments for any one Claim Period.
- GENERAL EXCLUSIONS
No Monthly Benefit will be payable as a result of:
- War, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), civil war, rebellion, civil commotion, riot, revolution or military or usurped power.
- Radioactive contamination from:
- Ionising radiation or contamination from any nuclear fuel, or from any nuclear waste arising from burning nuclear fuel; or
- The radioactive, toxic, explosive or other dangerous effect of any explosive nuclear equipment or part of that equipment.
- Directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by or arising from Biological or Chemical contamination due to or arising from terrorism.
- CLAIM RE-QUALIFICATION
A claim which occurs within 3 months of a separate Claim Period will be treated as one and the same claim. A new claim can be made provided You have returned to Work for at least 90 consecutive days.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS
- This Policy and any endorsements to it together with Your Application and Certificate of Insurance and any written statement of medical or other information made by You make up the insurance contract between Us and You.
- No alterations, variations, or relaxation of any of the terms of this Policy can be made except in writing by one or more of Our authorised officials.
- This Policy is subject to English law subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- Any fraud mis-statement or misrepresentation in relation to any matter affecting this insurance contract or any claim under this insurance contract may render it null and void and all rights to claim will be lost.
- If at any time any provision or part thereof of this insurance contract becomes invalid, illegal, or unenforceable the remaining parts and/or provisions shall continue in full force and effect.
- All Monthly Benefits under this insurance contract are non-taxable, although this may change in line with any amendments to legislation. In this event, We will deduct from any Monthly Benefit any sums which by law We are required to deduct.
- A person who is not a party to this insurance contract has no right under the Contracts Act 1999 (Rights of Third Parties) to enforce any term of this insurance but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party which exists or is available apart from that Act.
- Any misrepresentation or false statement in Your Application for this insurance or any claim could affect the payment of Monthly Benefit under this Policy. If You make a claim which We consider to be fraudulent or exaggerated, all benefits under this contract will be lost and We will seek to recover any Monthly Benefit paid under that claim.
- The benefits of this insurance contract may not be assigned to a third party.
- We will be entitled to take legal action in Your name for Our own benefit against any other party in order to recover any payment We have made.
- If, at the time of a claim, You have any other Policy in force, insuring anything covered by this Policy, We shall only be liable for Our proportional share up to a maximum of 65% Your Normal Income.
- HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM
You must give Us notice of a claim by telephoning the Administrator on *0345 408 0952.
You should do so as soon as reasonably possible and within 90 days after the end of Your Waiting Period or Excess Period (as stated on Your Certificate of Insurance). We will send You the claim forms. You will need to complete these and return them to Us as soon as reasonably possible; giving Us all the information We ask for to enable Us to process Your claim. You are responsible for providing Us with the proof We need to validate Your claim. Any delay in submitting a claim to Us may make Your claim harder to confirm and lead to a delay in making payment or result in the non payment of Your claim. If We wish You to be medically examined at Our expense You must allow it; or Your claim could either be stopped or denied.
Payment of Monthly Benefit will be made when We receive satisfactory evidence of Your entitlement to claim. Throughout the period for which the claim is made under this Policy We will require You to provide evidence of continued Accident or Sickness or Unemployment. Monthly Benefit will not be paid for any period of Accident or Sickness or Unemployment for which the evidence required by Us is not provided by You. We may require You to produce this Policy together with Your Certificate of Insurance as proof of purchase. Once a claim has been accepted Monthly Benefit will be paid to You monthly in arrears.
- CANCELLATION TERMS OF THIS POLICY
You can cancel Your cover under this Policy by writing or emailing to the Administrator (address as detailed in section 3) and quoting Your Policy number within 30 days of the Start Date as stated on Your Certificate of Insurance and We will refund any Premium You may have paid, provided that You have not made a claim under this Policy.
Thereafter, You can cancel Your cover under this Policy at any time by writing to the Administrator (address as detailed in section 3) and quoting Your Policy number, Your cover will cease on the date We receive Your request in writing. No refund of Premium will be made if You cancel Your cover under this Policy more than 30 days after the Start Date as stated on Your Certificate of Insurance.
We may cancel this Policy at any time by giving You 30 days notice in writing to Your last known address. This will not affect any rights to Monthly Benefits which You may already have received under this Policy before the Termination Date of Your cover.
- TERMINATION OF YOUR INSURANCE COVER UNDER THIS POLICY
Your cover will cease on the earliest date of the following:
- You die; or
- You retire from Work or reach the statutory retirement age, whichever is the earlier; or
- You stop living or Working in the United Kingdom;
- Your Premium payment is more than 30 days overdue; or
- You or We cancel Your cover under this Policy.
- AMENDMENTS TO YOUR POLICY COVER
Any changes to Your Policy will take effect from the Amendment Date provided You are not receiving Monthly Benefit under the Policy or You are aware of any impending claim. We will not cover the following after an increase in the Monthly Benefit:
Section 9 Accident & Sickness Exclusions
We will not pay the increase in Monthly Benefit for any claim caused by or resulting from any medical condition:
- which You knew about on or before the date You applied for the increase; or
- as a result of any medical condition for which treatment had been given or diagnosis had been made or investigations commenced during the 12 months immediately before the date You applied for the increase and which comes back within 24 months after the date You applied for the increase. (This exclusion will not be applied after 24 months have passed without treatment or advice for that medical condition).
Section 11 Unemployment Exclusions
We will not pay the increase in Monthly Benefit for any Unemployment claim where:
- Your Employment ends within 90 days of the date You applied for the increase; or
- You knew the Unemployment to be impending at the date You applied for the increase, whether or not You had received official notice.
We will not pay the increase in Monthly Benefit for Caring where:
- on or before the date You applied for the increase We reasonably believe You were aware of the need, or likely need at any time in the future, for a member of Your Immediate Family to require a Carer; or
- within the first 90 days of the date You applied for the increase You apply for a Carer’s Allowance, or are notified of receipt of a Carer’s Allowance. (This exclusion will not be applied if the condition of the member of Your Immediate Family requiring a Carer was due to or caused by an unforeseen event happening after the Start Date).
- DATA PROTECTION ACT
You should understand that any information You have provided will be collected and processed by Us, in compliance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), for the purpose of providing insurance and handling claims, if any, which may necessitate providing such information to other parties. The DPA gives You the right to a copy of Your personal data held by Us upon payment of a fee.
In accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 We are able to provide upon request a text-phone facility, audio tapes, large print documentation and Braille documentation. You should advise Us if any of these services are required so that We can communicate in the appropriate manner.
If We are unable to meet Our obligations under this insurance, You may be entitled to compensation from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, depending on the type of insurance and circumstances of claim. Insurance advising and arranging is covered for 90% of the claim, without any upper limit. Further information can be obtained from the Financial Services Compensation Scheme at 7th Floor Chambers, Portsoken Street, London E1 8BN.
- COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
We care about the service We provide to You and We make every effort to maintain the highest possible standards. If You have any questions about the Policy please ask Us. Please have this document available so that We can deal with Your enquiry speedily.
Although We set ourselves high standards, if We do not meet Your expectations and You are dissatisfied in some way We would like to know. If You follow the guidelines below, Your complaint will be dealt with in the most efficient way possible.
Any complaints about this policy or related services should, in the first instance, be made to the Our Complaints Manager, Trent Services (Administration) Ltd., Trent House, Love Lane, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 1XD, Tel: +44(0)1285 626020 who will respond to any complaint within 10 days.
If You remain dissatisfied with Our handling of and response to the complaint You may be referred to the Danish Insurance Complaints Board, Ankenaevnet for Forsikring (the Board) or the U.K. Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), depending on the nature of the complaint and whether it should properly be directed against Us or another party.
Contact details are as follows:
The Danish Insurance Complaints Board
Ankenaevnet for Forsikring
Anker Heegaards Gade 2,
Tel: 0045 3315 8900
Financial Ombudsman Service,
London E14 9SR
Tel: 0800 0234567
You have the right to refer Your complaint to the FOS, free of charge, but You must do so within six months of the date of Our final response
If You do not refer your complaint in time, the Ombudsman will not have Our permission to consider Your complaint and so will only be able to do
so in very limited circumstances. For example, if the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances.
In order for the Board to deal with Your complaint, You will need to agree to their applying the rules of Danish law and practice in the adjudication process. Referring a complaint to the Board or the FOS is an alternative form of dispute resolution. It does not affect Your right to take legal action
Alpha Insurance A/S is authorised and regulated by Finanstilsynet (the Danish FSA), under authorisation number 53068 and You can check this by visiting the Finanstilsynet website at www.finanstilsynet.dk. As an insurance company authorised within the European Union, Alpha Insurance A/S is permitted to conduct business in the United Kingdom under FCA reference 431621. You can check this by visiting the Financial Services Register on the FCA website at www.fca.org.uk.
*calls charged at 2.1 pence per minute at all times, plus your phone company's access charge